To check if your bank details are verified for SASSA SRD R350 :
- Visit the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to where you are asked to update your banking details.
- Enter your ID number that was used to submit the application
- An SMS notification message sent to your phone number used to apply
- Click on the link inside the SMS
- Click on the Current Payment Option
- Check the verification tab, either verified or pending.
- If verified, then all approved applications with pay dates will be paid at the said date.
- If pending, then you have to wait until your bank account is verified.
- After requesting to check the status of the submitted bank account, you can only request again after 24 hours and the link is valid for 30 minutes.
- Failure to use the link within the stipulated time frame will result in the expiration of the link and you will have to wait for a day.
- Note also that SASSA will request the verification of the bank account details only after the application is approved.
- You can also opt for your SASSA SRD R350 grant to be paid through the retail stores by choosing the post bank.
- If your bank account details are not verified within 21 days, it might be a problem with the banks, as some banks may delay the request made by SASSA to access your bank account information.
- SASSA has indicated that it should take up to 10 working days (thus approximately two weeks) to complete the bank account verification process.
If things are not going well as expected, you can also reach out to SASSA on the 0800601011 toll-free number.
SASSA Bank Verification Pending
If your SASSA bank verification is pending, it means have submitted provided bank account details to your bankers to verify the authenticity of your account to make sure your bank account indeed belongs to you.
It may be pending for close to one month or even more in some cases.
You have to be patient, we have even received the latest update in December 2023 that those whose bank verification has been pending since October 2023 are now verified.
How Do I Verify My Banking Details With SASSA?
To verify, your bank account details with SASSA,
- Submit your bank account details.
- Make sure your account number and the name attached are correct and in the correct order just as they appear on your ID.
- SASSA will then request from your bank to verify if the details you provided match your official documents from the Home Affairs Office.
- This may take like two weeks depending on the bank’s readiness.
- When successful, using the same process when submitting the bank account, you can check your bank account verification status.
They are likely to receive their payout dates soon.
1. How can I verify my banking details for the SASSA SRD R350 grant?
- Answer: Visit the SASSA website, update your banking details using your ID number, and follow the instructions sent to your phone number used in the application.
2. What should I do if my banking details show as pending verification?
- Answer: If your details are pending, wait for the verification process to complete. Check the status after 24 hours, using the link provided in the SMS.
3. Can I choose a retail store for my SASSA grant payment?
- Answer: Yes, you can opt for payment through a retail store by selecting the Post Bank as your payment option during the verification process.
4. What happens if my bank account details aren’t verified within 21 days?
- Answer: Delays beyond 21 days might be due to the bank’s processing. SASSA indicated that the verification process should take approximately 10 working days.
5. What if I miss using the verification link within 30 minutes?
- Answer: If the link expires, wait for a day to request verification again. Note that SASSA initiates the verification after approving the application.