SASSA Reconsideration: A Guide to Reapplying for Social Relief of Distress
In South Africa, the Social Assistance and Security Agency (SASSA) provides a crucial lifeline to vulnerable individuals through social relief of distress (SRD) grants. However, the process of applying for and receiving these grants can be challenging and complicated, and not everyone who applies is approved. Fortunately, SASSA offers a reconsideration process for those who have been denied SRD grants. In this article, we will explore what SASSA reconsideration is, how to apply for it, and what to do if your application is approved but payment has not yet been made.
What is SASSA Reconsideration?
SASSA reconsideration is a process that allows individuals who have been denied SRD grants to request that their application be reviewed again. The reconsideration process is available to anyone who believes that their application was unfairly denied or that their circumstances have changed since they first applied. By going through the reconsideration process, individuals have another opportunity to receive much-needed financial assistance.
How to Apply for SASSA Reconsideration?
To apply for SASSA reconsideration, individuals should follow these steps:
- Visit the official reconsideration website https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/appeal
- Provide your 13 digit ID number and phone number which was used to apply.
- You will receive a Pin code on the phone number and enter the code to open the reconsideration page.
- Choose the month you want to apply for its reconsideration and select your reconsideration reason which should match the decline reason. For instance, if you were declined with the reason that you have received alternative income, choose “No Alternative Income Source”
- Submit your application and wait for SASSA to response
- Wait for a Response: SASSA will review the application and supporting documentation and make a decision. Applicants should be prepared to wait several weeks for a response. The response could take 60 to 90 days to complete.
How to Check Your SRD SASSA Reconsideration?
After submitting an application for reconsideration, applicants may want to check the status of their application. They can do this by calling the SASSA hotline or visiting a SASSA office. It is important to have your ID number and any reference numbers or case numbers handy when checking the status of an application. You can do it on your phone by visiting the website https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/appeal
When Will SASSA Consider Reconsideration Applications?
SASSA will consider reconsideration applications on a case-by-case basis. There is no set timeline for when applications will be reviewed, but applicants should be prepared to wait several weeks for a response. It is important to follow up with SASSA regularly to ensure that your application is being processed. SASSA does not have exact timelines for processing reconsideration.
SASSA Reconsideration Approved But No Payment Date, What Do I Do?
If your application for SASSA reconsideration is approved, but you have not received a payment date, there are a few things that you can do. First, contact SASSA to inquire about the status of your payment. If there are any issues or delays, they should be able to provide you with more information.
If you still have not received a payment date after contacting SASSA, you can escalate your case by contacting the SASSA complaints department on the phone 0800601011. They will be able to investigate the issue further and provide you with more information about when you can expect to receive your payment.
In conclusion, SASSA reconsideration is an important process that allows individuals who have been denied SRD grants to request a review of their application. By following the steps outlined above, applicants can increase their chances of receiving much-needed financial assistance. If your application is approved but you have not yet received a payment date, it is important to follow up with SASSA and escalate your request.