Apart from the official website https://srd.sassa.gov.za for the application of the reinstated SRD R350 Grant, WhatsApp too can be used to apply for the SASSA SRD R350 grant.
Here you have an outline of how to use WhatsApp to apply 2024.
How To Apply for SRD R350 grant on Whatsapp
- Save the number 082 046 8553 as SASSA on your smartphone.
- Launch WhatsApp and search for the name “SASSA”.
- Send a message like “sassa” (without the quotation marks) to initiate the process.
- Be reminded, that this is a robot programmed to offer responses. You need to follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Select the numbers that correspond to the instructions and enter where necessary in certain information is required.
- After entry, it will generate a unique six alphanumeric code (reference number) which will be used to continue the application on the GovChat website https://govchat.app/login.
- The reference number can also be used to check the status on WhatsApp after the application is successfully submitted.
- After login to the GovChat account, an online form will be provided to fill but first, you must enter the reference number generated on WhatsApp before you can continue.
- Fill in all the necessary details accurately and submit it.
- Sassa advises that you can only apply once using just one channel, even if you submit multiple applications with the same ID number, only one application will be processed and submitting multiple applications does not guarantee approval.
How to check SRD status on WhatsApp
To check srd status on WhatsApp, follow the same procedure described above and select status. It will ask for the reference number, enter the reference number and then your srd status will be shown.
On Whatsapp, the details will not be elaborate as compared to the official website status checking.