Find below how you can check your SASSA SRD status.
Without complicating anything, the steps outlined below and see your SASSA SRD R350 grant application status.
- Follow the link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status (This link will send you directly to the web page for checking application status) or you can also visit the official homepage of the SRD R350 https://srd.sassa.gov.za and scroll down to the place asking you to check your status and click on that label.
- In the text boxes provided, enter the 13-digit ID number and the cell phone number that was used to apply.
- Click on the submit button and patiently wait for the page to fully load.
- On the status dashboard, the months that your application is active start with the current month.
- Click on the month you want to see its status, a drop-down menu will show you if your application for that particular month is pending, approved, or declined.
- If you are approved, check if it has a pay date. The pay date is the day your bank account or post office account will be credited. For those using a bank account, expect an SMS alert when the bank finally deposits the grant.
- For post office payments (currently retail shops) applicants will have to wait for their turn using their by visiting the retail shops with their ID number and phone number that was used to submit the application.
- If your status is currently pending, you need to wait as SASSA is still reviewing your application and a decision is yet to be taken if you still qualified.
- If your application status shows declined, a reason for the decline will be written against the decline reason section. According to SASSA, an applicant who feels his or her application was unduly declined, can appeal or apply for reconsideration within 30 days from the date of the decline.
- There can be various reasons why application will be declined including :
- alternative income source Identified,
- uif registered,
- nsfas registered,
- identity verification failed etc.
- With the exception of debtor, all other decline reasons can be appealed.
How do I check my SASSA SRD status balance?
There is no exact way to check your SASSA SRD R350 balance unless, for instance, your bank account balance us checked using the bank’s mechanism for checking account balance. Those who collect their grant payments from the Post office can contact the post office either via phone or in person and their account balance will be checked for you. You only have to provide your ID number and this service is free of charge.