SASSA has come up with a new directive regarding some selected services which will henceforth requires biometric verification.
The following are the affected services:
- Clearing referred status
- Applicants requesting Post Bank Account created on their behalf
- Those required to update or change their mobile number in the SASSA system (database)
- Applicants requesting to be paid through Cash Send or Ewallet payment method.
The message as posted on the official Facebook page of SASSA is below:
COVID-19 SRD clients who require any of the services listed below will be required to undergo identity verification through facial recognition:
- Clearing of a referred status
- Clients who have selected a Postbank account to be opened on their behalf
- Clients wishing to update their mobile number
- Clients requesting to be paid via the cash send method
Clients will receive two SMSes from SASSA, please click on the link provided on the second SMS (Kindly note that this link is only valid for 3 days/ 72 hours).
The SASSA Call Centre can be contacted at 0800 60 10 11 to request the sms to be resent.
#SASSACARESSASSA New Biometric Verification