One of the decline status of the SRD R350 grants that most applicants seems not to be much aware is “referred“ in 2024.
Why Referred Status for SASSA SRD R350 grant 2024.
Some of the applicants are picked at random to assess their criminal history or any fraudulent activities.
If their ID number or phone number is found to be in the security database for any offense or illegal activities, then the applicant is declined as referred.
And it is one of those declined reasons, the applicant cannot appeal.
Unlike the other decline reasons such as UIF registered, nsfas registered, alternative income source, etc, which can be appealed or reconsidered, referred status can only be lodged at the SASSA.
It has however be noted that, SASSA is no way saying that, the person in question is a confirmed criminal or fraudster but it is a suspicion.
- Appeal letter sample for reconsideration of SRD R350 Grant
- SASSA SRD R350 Pending for how long
- How do you check if sassa r350 is approved
It requires that further investigation has to be conducted on the supposed activity before the application process can proceed further.
For those who are declined for referred status, are entreated to send an email to [email protected]. When the email is sent, sassa will refer to the appropriate agency to provide further investigation and report back to SASSA.
For now, we have not seen any applicant who is in that situation and his situation overturned or resolved.
Comparatively, the number of applicants who fall in that category is less compared to total number of SRD applicants.
Call on SASSA and DSD to intervene
SASSA has been very slow on those who have been declined with this status and most of them have complained bitterly why they are treated this way.
We, through this article, call on the SASSA and the Department of Social Development minister Lindiwe Zulu to help address this issue in this difficult moments of fellow South Africans.
You should as well try to see if you can apply for reconsideration or appeal.
Referred Email Letter Sample
In case you want to send the email to address provided above, below is template or a format you can use :
“Dear, My name is [Enter your name] with ID number [enter ID number]. I applied for the SASSA SRD R350 grant, and when I check my status for the month [enter the month(s)], I was referred.
I therefore request to know the issue surrounding my application and what I can do to receive the grants.
How do I Fix My Referred Status?
If you are referred for SASSA status, do the following to have your issue resolved
- Contact SASSA on the hotline 0800601011
- Report to them that when you checked your Status for SASSA SRD R350 Grant, you saw that you were ‘referred’.
- Let them know that you have no criminal records and even if your ID was popped up in any illegal investigation, you ready to defend yourself since you not guilty.
- You can request for Biometric Identity Verification.
- It may take two weeks to have your referred Status changed.
- Note that, you can also send an email to [email protected] for SASSA to look into your matter for you.