This is how to check appeal status for SASSA SRD R350 grant:
- Open your Google Chrome browser or open your Moya App.
- Enter the url or click on this link https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/appeal (for appeals starting April 2022 to date (2024) which is the new appeal status form.
- Or enter or visit the direct link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/reconsideration (for applications up to March 2022)
- Enter your ID number and cellphone or mobile number used when submitting your application.
- Look down and click on the button with the inscription “send pin”.
- An OTP code will be sent to your phone number , six digits code, enter into the text box provided.
- Click on submit button.
- The check appeal or reconsideration page will show up indicating the months that you were declined.
- Select your preferred month that you wish to check its status.
- The status will show below the month which is either be : Pending, Approved or Declined.
- If it is pending, you have to be patient, if approved most often there is a pay date, otherwise you may have to provide your latest or current bank account or choose post bank so that you can collect your grant from the Merchant Stores.
- If declined, that’s the end. You cannot appeal again unless you send the case to high court for review.
- Currently, those who have submitted their reconsideration applications since August 2021 have been approved with pay dates or without pay dates. Some too have already been paid.
- Already there is a huge backlog of reconsiderations being worked on and SASSA has asked applicants to exercise more patient.
It has to be noted that, the appeals status can take up to three months for the outcome.
Check SASSA SRD Appeal Status From SASSA
- You can ask SASSA to also check your SASSA SRD R350 Appeal status or reconsideration status without paying anything.
- Call SASSA on their toll free number 0800601011, but make sure you have the ID number and the phone number when you place the call.
- They may make a few enquiries to make sure that you are the real owner of that account.
- They will provide you with your current appeal or reconsideration applications status and possibly tell you what to do to receive your grants.
- Because SASSA hotline is very busy, you have to wait for some time before your call will be picked and answered.
- You need to keep trying calling if they are not picking or the line is busy
sassa status check appeal
Since the beginning of the year 2023 till date (2024) much attention has not been given to appeals for SASSA. Those who are trying to check their status for the appeal are stranded not knowing what to do. When SASSA some months ago claimed that, now the DSD is going to take over the reconsideration or appeals, people had hopes but that hope was short-lived. The site for checking appeal status has been https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/appeal. But when people visit either they are pending or approved without pay dates.