- Contact SASSA on their official phone number 0800601011.
- Undergo biometric identity verification to confirm your identity.
- Have your ID number and the new phone number you wish to change to ready.
- After verification, expect to receive two SMS messages from SASSA.
- Click on the unique link provided in the second SMS to change or update your SRD R350 phone number.
- Once the change is confirmed, receive a message confirming the successful update.
- Start using the new cellphone number to access your SRD R350 application.
Due to one or two reasons, some applicants of the ongoing reinstated SRD R350 Grant would want to change the mobile number that was used to apply in 2023.
The reasons usually cited as the cause of this request are :
- Mobile phone lost or sim card misplaced or stolen.
- Someone’s phone number was used to apply and the number is readily not available.
The mobile phone number is used to verify the account holder’s authenticity in changing or switching payment methods from one to another, requesting reconsideration or appeal, reinstating cancelled applications, etc.
READ MORE: FORGOT MY SASSA PHONE NUMBER, WHAT DO I DO?
Without having access to the number that was used to apply, it would be difficult to execute some of the things mentioned above.
When one visits the official website of the ongoing reinstated SRD R350 Grant, there is nowhere those who wish to change their mobile numbers are allowed to do so which has left many applicants worried.
SASSA has advised those applicants with such issues to contact Sassa on 0800601011 toll-free number but that hotline is almost impossible to get through.
What SASSA recommends is for such applicants to request a sim swap from their respective telecom operators. Sim swap deals with getting a new sim but with the same old number so that all incoming calls and other electronic messages will be directed to the newly activated sim card.
This approach will work for those who were the rightful owners of the old sim card so that with an ID card or document, they can request a new sim card.
However, in a situation where the applicant does not owe the number on the sim card or can’t even trace the owner of the lost or old number used to apply then there is absolutely nothing to do.
In that case, the applicant must have to contact SASSA on their hotline at 0800601011 for urgent assistance.
- go to the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- and scroll through the pages until you reach where it is asking you to update or change your phone number and follow the instructions.
One key item needed for the change is the AppID, a six-digit code also called Application ID, which can be found when checking status.