Alternative Income Source Identified is the number one reason why about 90%+ of applicants of the SASSA SRD R350 grant have been declined.
So far almost all those who were declined have “alternative income source identified” as their decline reason.
Because according to SASSA these applicants have been receiving more than the threshold amount of R624 for the month under consideration and therefore do not qualify for the grant.
If you are in this category of declined applicants, please follow these guidelines below to appeal your decline status decision so that your application will receive a second review after which you may decide to let go or pursue it further to the Law Court.
- Click on the link 👉🏿👉🏿 https://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals/appeal
- Provide them with your 13-digit South African ID number and the cell phone number which was used when submitting your application. However, if you have successfully changed your cellphone number for the SASSA SRD R350, then please use the new cellphone number.
- Immediately, you submit an OTP code will be sent to the number, just enter it into the small small space provided and submit.
- When the page is open and fully loaded, go straight to the month in question or the one you wish to appeal. For instance, let’s use December 2022 or January 2023, the decline reason will be loaded and showing by default.
- Scroll down and select your appeal reason which should match with the decline reason. In this case, we choose “No Alternative Income Source” and click on the submit button.
- You will have to wait between 60 days to 90 days for the outcome of the appeal.
- However, if your appeal is also declined, this is what you need to do 👉🏿👉🏿👉🏿👉🏿What if my appeal application is declined, what do I do?
- But for the meantime, this is what you can do to avoid this alternative Income Source Identified Decline Status altogether. 👈👈👈👈👈