For those who have applied for the SRD R350 grant and making a way to submit their banking details and want to know the link.
Below is the procedure to get the banking details link that will help you to submit or switch or change your payment option.
- Go to the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Go through the page until you see the inscription asking you to update or change banking detail.
- Enter the ID number that was used to submit the application
- And click on the submit button.
- You then receive the banking details link in an SMS.
- The link is only valid for 30 minutes and it can be used only for the ID number that is requested for it.
- If failed to use within 30 minutes, another request can be made only after 24 hours.
- The banking details link usually is of this nature https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sbd with additional characters.
Note the following about banking details for SASSA SRD R350 Grant
1. Submitted bank details must be accurate and must be in the name of the applicant.
2. Submitted bank details will have to be verified. The verification is done by the bank and not SASSA. SASSA only make the request to the banks.
3. The delay in the fastness of the verification largely depends on the bank.
4. The verification can take from 3 to 4 weeks for approvals.
5. If the approvals delay more than necessary, you can contact your bank and SASSA for updates.
6. Don’t be switching or change your banking details regularly. Because anytime you change or update your bank account details, you follow the queue which only prolongs the verification process.