One of the reasons why an application submitted may be declined is the fact the applicant’s information submitted cannot be verified in 2023.
This can be as a result of a wrong ID number, wrong name or Surname or mismatch of ID number and the names.
During the verification process, SASSA compares the submitted details to the details in the Home Affairs Department database electronically to verify if what is in the official database matches with the one submitted by the applicant.
Sometimes, it happens that there will an error or misspelling of the name and base on that the system will not be able to verify and brings the feedback as “Identity verification failed”
What to do if your srd status says “Identity Verifcation Failed”
Some applicants are wondering what they do when their application is declined due to Identity verification failure. For such status, one cannot appeal or apply for reconsideration. In that case, the affected applicant has to update his or her full name and surname on the website.
- visit the site https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the section with the heading “Request Names and Surname Update“
- There are three spaces provided namely: ID Number, Names and Surname.
- SASSA encourages that “Please ensure that you enter your ID Number, names and surname exactly as it appears in your South African green ID Document or on your Smart ID Card. Your names and surname will only be updated if it matches your details on the Department of Home Affairs database.”
- After that click on the Submit button.
- It may take sometime for the changes to take effect.
- Website to Dispute SRD R350 Decline Status
- How to check SASSA Balance
- Alternative Income Source Identified – SASSA SRD Decline Status
SASSA is already having a large number of backlogs of applicants who have submitted their reconsideration, although they have promised to address these issues it seems things are getting out of hand.