Checkin your SASSA balance should not be that difficult for anyone who is receiving social grants from SASSA on 2023.
SASSA card is one of the most widely used means by which pays its beneficiaries apart from those who choose to use their preferred personal private banks to receive payments. Below we have outlined how to check SASSA balance via various means.
If want to check your SASSA balance depends on your payment option chosen, either using the card or your preferred bank account.
We will look at what you can use to check either on your mobile phone, ATM, or using your private bank online services.
Checking Balance on SASSA grant card using the ATM
If you are paid through SASSA’s default grant card, then you can use this instruction here to check your balance.
- Insert the card into the ATM machine and wait until it loads
- The screen prompt will ask for the PIN, just enter your 4-digits PIN and press OK.
- Select the Account Balance Tab.
- Some ATM machines will ask if you need a receipt for for the tranaction or not.
- If you choose to request for receipt after the transaction, it will print out the receipt for you shwouig your account balance.
- The accoint balance will alsoshow up on the screen of the ATM machine for you to see.
Check SASSA Balance Using USSD On Phone 2023
If you don’t want to go to the ATM machine to check your balance, then there is another opportunity to check using a USSD code on your phone. In this case, any phone can perform this simple task whether it is a smartphone or not. The following codes should work for you:
It must be admitted, sometimes these codes might not work or are inactive, in that case, please can contact SASSA on 0800601011 for assistance. It must be noted that these USSD codes work on all mobile networks including Cell C, MTN, Telkom, Vodacom, etc
- Dial the USSD code *120*3210# just as you do for any network USSD on your phone
- Follow exacrly the sccreen prompts to check balance conviniently.
If you face any challenges with the above USSD code, use this one rather
- Dial *120*69277# on your cell phone
- Just follow the screen prompts and check your balance
How to check balance on sassa grant card online
This one is for those who are using their private banks to receive their SASSA grants. In this case, the bank’s available online platform is the best place to check your balance, because the grants are deposited into your personal account. For instance, if you are using Capitec Bank or TymeBank, you can download their mobile apps on your smartphone and easily check your balance from there. If you are not sure of the payment, you can check your transaction history or request your bank statement. The bank statement will give you details of all your cashflows in the account for a certain period of time.
Some banks have their own shortcodes or USSD for checking balances online, you just have to contact your bankers’ personal assistants or customer support for support.