To apply for the SASSA SRD R350 Grant, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Check if you meet the eligibility criteria
- You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be above the age of 18.
- You must not be receiving any other form of government assistance such as UIF or NSFAS.
- You must not be employed and must not have a source of income.
- You must not be a beneficiary of any other form of government grant.
Step 2: Gather the required documents
- Your South African ID number
- A cell phone number that is registered in your name
- A bank account that is registered in your name
Step 3: Apply online or through WhatsApp
- You can apply online by visiting the SASSA SRD R350 website (https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/application/auth ) and entering your personal phone number. You will receive an OTP code, submit and press the enter.
- When the code is entered correctly, the application page will be opened and enter your personal details as required.
- Alternatively, you can apply through WhatsApp by sending a message to 082 0468 553 with the word “SASSA” and following the prompts.
Step 4: Wait for feedback
- After applying, you will receive a confirmation message to let you know that your application has been received.
- If your application is successful, you will receive a message with instructions on how to receive the grant.