SASSA has urged SRD R350 grant applicants who may have gotten married or changed their names at the Department of Home Affairs to update their records at the SRD R350 application website accordingly.
This will enable SASSA to smoothly process the application to avoid any decline where there is a mismatch of the names of the applicant and that compared with at the Home Affairs Department database.
Failure to do so will eventually result in the decline of the application because the SRD R350 records will differ from the one at the Home Affairs Department.
In a statement released on Thursday 29th September 2022, for which copy is available here below, the claim was made.
In order to update your Surname and other personal details,
- log on to the official website of the ongoing SRD R350 grant 👉👉 https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the section where there is label asking you to Request Name and Surname Update (check image below for reference)
- Enter your 13-digit ID number, Names and Surname just as they appear on your ID documents. Check for correct spellings and correct arrangements of names.
- Then click on the SUBMIT button below.
- In the next conduct of means testing for the qualification for the SASSA SRD which is done every month, SASSA will now have the updated information about you the applicant.
- The update should be done immediately Home Affairs Department issues you a new name or when name change is successfully completed.