In May 2020, the South African government introduced a special grant of R350 per month which was administered by SASSA to help those who are unemployed, poor and unable to access other forms of assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant, known as the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, has been a lifeline for many families struggling to make ends meet.
If you have applied for the SRD R350 grant and are waiting to hear back about the status of your application, there is good news. You can check your application status for free using MTN, one of South Africa’s leading mobile network operators.
Checking your SRD R350 application status with MTN is very simple and straightforward. All you need is an Internet-enabled device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer, and an active MTN SIM card with a data connection.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open your Internet browser, preferably Google Chrome, on your device.
- Visit the official SRD R350 website address at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status. This is the only official website for checking your SRD R350 application status, so be sure to use this address.
- Once you are on the SRD R350 application status page, you will be prompted to enter your ID number and mobile number.
- Enter your ID number and mobile number in the fields provided. Make sure you enter your details correctly to avoid any errors.
- Click on the “Submit” button to check your application status.
- Your SRD R350 application status will be displayed on the screen. If your application has been approved, you will receive a message indicating the payment details and the date on which you can expect to receive your payment. If your application has been declined, you will receive a message explaining why.
It’s important to note that checking your SRD R350 application status with MTN is completely free. You won’t be charged any data fees for accessing the official SRD R350 website. However, you will need to make sure your data connection is active.
Checking your SRD R350 application status with MTN is a quick, easy, and convenient way to find out if your application has been approved or declined. It’s important to stay up-to-date on the status of your application, especially if you’re relying on the grant to help you and your family during these difficult times. So, go ahead and check your status today!
Source : #SouthAfricaAsk