As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect South Africa, many citizens have relied on government support, such as the SASSA SRD R350 Grant, to help make ends meet. However, there may be situations where a recipient needs to cancel their grant. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to cancel your SASSA SRD R350 Grant.
It’s important to note that once you cancel your SASSA SRD R350 Grant, you won’t be able to reapply for the same grant on the same month. The only option available is to apply for reinstatement which might take some time. Cancelling your application should be the last resort if facing any problem. But for those who think that their financial situation have changed and therefore would want to cancel their applications are good to go. So before making this decision, ensure that you’ve weighed all your options.
Method 1: Cancel Online
SASSA has made it easy for recipients to cancel their SRD R350 grant online. Follow these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website direct link https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/cancellation or
- Go to the Click on “Click here to cancel online ” on the homepage.
- “Enter your 13-digit ID number and phone number that was used to submit the application.”
- Fill in your ID number and mobile number, then click “Send Pin.”
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP and click “Submit.”
- Choose the reason why you want to cancel your application and submit. A pop up message will appears asking you if you indeed wants to cancel the application, just select YES.
- Your grant will be canceled, and you’ll receive an SMS confirmation.
Method 2: Call SASSA
If you’re unable to cancel your SRD R350 Grant online or visit a SASSA office, you can call SASSA’s toll-free number at 0800 60 10 11. Here’s what you need to do:
- Dial the toll-free number and follow the prompts.
- Provide your ID number and grant confirmation message.
- Inform the agent that you’d like to cancel your grant.
- Your grant will be canceled, and you’ll receive a cancellation confirmation.
To summarise, there are several ways to cancel your SASSA SRD R350 Grant, including online, visiting a SASSA office, or calling SASSA’s toll-free number. Make sure you’ve carefully considered your options before canceling your grant, as you won’t be able to reapply for the same grant.