For those applicants of the SASSA SRD R350 grant, one of the most convenient ways to receive their grant is by using one’s personal bank account and SASSA over the months has encouraged applicants to submit their bank account details in 2023
When submitting the application, applicants are given the opportunity to submit their personal bank account upfront so that when they are eventually approved, they are paid directly into the bank.
In this way, the applicant is saved from the outrageous queues usually seen at various post offices in the country where a huge number of people are waiting for the grant collection.
When an applicant submits his or her bank account during the application through the srd Sassa gov za banking details, Sassa will verify the ownership of the account holder to make sure that the applicant is the rightful owner of the account.
SASSA has always preached and urged applicants to use their own accounts and should not use someone else’s bank account.
- Amazing ways to use srd sassa gov za R350 grant
- How To Submit Banking Details to SASSA SRD Online
- srd sassa gov za check status online
One other reason why SASSA is encouraging applicants to use banks, which most applicants are not aware is the fact that with banks Sassa can easily verify the means testing on the applicant. This will help SASSA to know if the applicant has been receiving some financial support from other sources
To update or switch payments option either from post office cash send or e-wallet to bank account or vice versa you have to follow these instructions here :
- Visit the website https://srd.sassa.gov.za,
- When the web page is loaded, try to scroll through the page and find the heading with a label like: “How do I change my banking details”.
- This will afford you to switch pay options from one to another.
- In the space below, enter the ID number you used to submit the application.
- A unique link ( only linked with the applicant) is automatically sent to the phone number used to apply.
- When received, click on it immediately.
- It will open a new page for you to use to update or switch the payments option.
- To submit a bank account, choose the bank name, choose the type of account (eg Savings account etc), and your account number (it must be entered correctly because it will be used for verification).
- After entering all the correct information, click on the submit button.
- Immediately, a message will be generated automatically and sent to your phone number again as a confirmation that your request for payment switch is successfully submitted.
- After that you will have to wait at least two weeks for SASSA to complete the verification, it may sometimes take more than necessary for your account to get verified depending on how quickly they will respond from the bank.
In case you wish to switch or update the existing payment option online, the procedure is the same as discussed above.
Some have however argued that the charges or fees at the banks are too much, but I think it is worth more than the overcrowding and queues or inconvenience and the extortion experienced