Below we outline how to submit banking details to sassa srd online.
To submit bank account details upfront or later to srd R350 online, follow these easy steps by steps :
- Head over to the official SRD R350 application website https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down the web page until you see a label (as indicated in the image above) with the inscription “How do I change my banking details”
- Under that section there is a text box asking asking for your ID number, just enter your ID number that was used to apply and click on the “submit” button.
- A unique and a secured link will immediately be sent to the cell phone number that was used during application. Note that the token with the link is only valid within 30 minutes so the applicant must be quick enough yo click on the link. The request for the submission of bank account too can be done after 24 hours from the previous request.
- Click on the link immediately and after it is fully loaded. Choose the bank your account is attached like Capitec Bank or ABSA etc.
- Enter your Name and account number and the account type whether it is savings or others and submit.
- After submission, a confirmation message will be sent to the applicant’s phone number.
- SASSA admonishes that, the applicant must be the primary or the actual owner of the bank account and as such you cannot use someone else’s bank account for SRD R350 Payments.
- After submitting the bank account details, the bank account will have to be verified. SASSA will send a request to partner bank for account information confirmation and the cash flow in the account. It is at this stage some applicants are declined for “Alternative Income Source Identified” when it becomes clear that the bank account has been receiving a sum of at least R595 in a month steadily.
The default payment method if applicant fails to submit bank account details is the post office, however for convenience and not join long queues that are usually witnessed at various post offices across the country, it is more logical for one to submit banking details to sassa.
How do i change my srd payment method
If you wish to change or switch your payment method from one option to another, you have to follow the same procedure discussed above and choose the payment method you prefer when the unique link is received.
When i clicked on the link received i was told token invalid or expired?
This happens when the link received has expired its 30 minutes duration and if that happens you have to wait 24 hours later before requesting a new link. If the phone that received the link is not internet compatible or internet reception is poor, then forward the message to a smartphone and use the smartphone to access the link still within the stipulated 30 minutes.